SQL Server Performance

databasemail90.exe issues

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by priyaram, Jul 10, 2008.

1. priyaram New Member

i am having mail issues in one of my development server. the mails are send out fine from jobs and stored procedures and status is saying as mail queue.
    but the mails are not delivered to the inbox.one i go into the server and click the databasemail90.exe then the mails are coming out. when ever there are mails sending from procedures, i have to go and manually run this .exe file for each time , then the mails are sending out..
    is thare a way to resolve this issue...
    any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
  2. jason7655 New Member

I don't have extensive experience with this since I'm just now learning 2005 but I did just read the following sentence:
    "The external program connects to the database enbgine by using Microsoft Windows authentication with the SQL Server service account credentials"
    Could it be something with the account the SQL Service is running as?
  3. satya Moderator

Good position of things to check by walkair, make sure to go thru each of them on your environment.
    Also further check under SQLAgent & SQL Server error log for any warning/error messages. Also try to restart SQLAGent to see whether mail can be delivered out. Few times i have seen that SQL Agent is starting to quickly for Agent Mail to get the configuration information waiting before starting the service seems to be the solution.
    Also I suggest to check on SMTP server for any information, as it could be a connectivity issue.
  4. walkair New Member

priyaram,
    It would be nice to know what kind of environtment and SQL Server 2005 edition you're running and what is your DatabaseMail Profile details.
    I suggest to start checking for the following items:
    • Verify that you're running latest SQL Server 2005 Service Pack (currently it is SP2)
    • ServiceBroker is ON in msdb database
    • DatabaseMail is enabled through Surface Area Configuration (SAC)
    • Make sure that Port 25 is open (firewall problems)
    • Check DatabaseMail log (right click on DatabaseMail in SSMS and select View Database Mail Log). Look for anything "red".
    • SMTP Service is up
    • You we're able to send (and receive) test email to a different account (use common free account like hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc...)
    Good luck,
    Steve.
    P.S. DatabaseMail setup instructions can be found on http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3626056
  5. nishav2 New Member

Hi Priyaram,
    Today we are facing the same issue where the mails are coming to inbox only when the databasemail90.exe is clicked manually everytime. We need to know whether you were able to resolve this issue. Kindly suggest us what action was taken to resolve the same.
    Looking forward to your reply.!!!
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Nisha.V