SQL Server Performance

e-mail notifications when I responded to some topic

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by chopeen, Sep 14, 2007.

1. chopeen Member

Is it possible to change some option in forums configuration so I don't receive an e-mail notification when I respond to some topic?
    I know that I did it and I don't need a notification to tell me this.
  2. admin Guest

You can set this in the Email section of your Profile ('Enable Email Notifications of forum/thread subscriptions and replies to my posts').
  3. chopeen Member

Won't that disable all the e-mail notifications?
    I only don't want to receive notifications when I post something, but I want to receive a notification when somebody responds to my post.
  4. satya Moderator

Then I believe you have to Email Subscription for those posts you want to receive emails.
  5. chopeen Member

[quote user="satya"]Then I believe you have to Email Subscription for those posts you want to receive emails.[/quote]
    Yes, that's right, although it would be more precise to say I have to enable Email Subscription for the threads, not posts.
    But I think that we still don't understand each other.
    Let suppose that there is a thread that consists of five posts. I found it when it had only one post and I subscribed to it. Then I posted two messages in this thread (and somebody else posted other two). How many e-mail notifications should I receive? In my opinion - two, but I'll receive four.
  6. satya Moderator

Ah, then this needs a code hack for this site API in order to enable alerting for each post...
  7. admin Guest

Ah now I understand you Chopeen, sounds very sensible actually but alas the Community Server configuration is only set to send emails for all replies.
  8. chopeen Member

Oh well, I'll have to live with that. Or maybe I'll create some kind of filter to get rid of such messages.
    BTW, have you seen my post about problem with images in Firefox? Of course, this is not something critical but buttons with icons are nice.

9. admin Guest

I was actually deferring to Satya on the Firefox issue. Seems it requires additional plugins - I just PM'd Satya on this. Will update this thread and the other one.
  10. pcsql New Member

If I remember correctly, when I posted replies on my own thread in the old forum, no email notification will email to me. I'm not sure about posting replies on others' threads. It is quite annoying to get email noticfications about my own posts. I hope this will be changed.
  11. ghemant Moderator

Hi,
    You can disable this option from your profile -> email section
    Enable Email Notifications of forum/thread subscriptions and replies to my posts. Yes No
  12. satya Moderator

Jude
    I have replied to your query, hope that helps.
    [quote user="admin"]
    I was actually deferring to Satya on the Firefox issue. Seems it requires additional plugins - I just PM'd Satya on this. Will update this thread and the other one.
    [/quote]
    On the other hand as referred by Hemant you can disable the email notifications, I believe when you register at the site it is turned ON by default.
  13. pcsql New Member

Hi,
    I want email notifications for my threads and any threads I subscribed but don't want email notifications when the posts are posted by me. How can I do that?
  14. admin Guest

This is not possible right now, I have logged that as a feature request for the forum software.
  15. mst New Member

This is an old subject I know but I continue to get emails about threads I have NOT subscribed to.
    My profile is set so I would expect to get no emails:
    Receive Emails: No
    Receive rich (HTML) emails No
    Enable Email Notifications of forum/thread subscriptions and replies to my posts. No
    But I continue to get emails.
  16. FrankKalis Moderator

I would contact the webmaster directly.