SQL Server Performance

Error EventID 19019

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by jrdevdba, Oct 5, 2007.

1. jrdevdba New Member

Hello,
    We are seeing this error about every 2 seconds in the Application Event Log of the active node of our SQL Server cluster.
    Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Category: (3)
    Event ID: 19019
    [sqsrvres] OnlineThread: Could not connect to server but server is considered up.
    I searched Google and could not find this exact error text at all. I'm not even sure what exact effects it may be having on the system.
    Does anyone know what this error means and/or how to resolve it?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    jrdevdba

2. satya Moderator

Are there any other associated Event ID information from teh application log on event viewer?
    Such as:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Event Category: (4)
    Event ID: 17194
    Date: 4/10/2007
    Time: 11:40:47 AM
    Description:
    The server was unable to load the SSL provider library needed to log in; the
    connection has been closed. SSL is used to encrypt either the login sequence
    or all communications, depending on how the administrator has configured the
    server. See Books Online for information on this error message: 0x2746.
    [CLIENT: clientip]
    FYI http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=926919&SiteID=1
  3. jrdevdba New Member

Hi,
    My other thread was locked because it was flagged as a duplicate post. Sorry, I didn't intend to make a duplicate. But I don't see discussion in this thread for this error that I am seeing every 2 seconds on our SQL 2005 server.
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Event Category: (3)
    Event ID: 19019
    Date: 10/23/2007
    Time: 1:18:17 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    Description:
    [sqsrvres] OnlineThread: Could not connect to server but server is considered up.
    Thanks for any help,
    jrdevdba

4. satya Moderator

Have you checked the MSDN forums link above?