SQL Server Performance

get substring in SQL Server 2005

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General Developer Questions' started by dmaddhali, Feb 20, 2006.

1. dmaddhali New Member

Hello all,
    I need to get all the strings in between ''(sdf,adf,satish,rajesh,satish)from a table containing the below mentioned strings. I have used fn_trace_gettable to get this information from a trace file.

1)Login failed for user 'sdf'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: <local machine>]
    2)Login failed for user 'sdf'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: <local machine>]
    3)Login failed for user 'satish'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: <local machine>]
    4)Login failed for user 'rajesh'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: <local machine>]
    5)Login failed for user 'satish'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

I have unsuccesfully tried instr and substring functions of SQL SERVER2005 to get this information.

Thanks in advance

cheers,
    Satish

2. FrankKalis Moderator