SQL Server Performance

Getting Things Done

Discussion in 'EditorsBlog' started by shanetasker, Jan 6, 2009.

1. shanetasker New Member

There are all sorts of different places that people find that they can focus on reading a book. Some people like a hammock next to the beach whilst others use the bathroom as a chance to catch up on reading. Personally, I find I get most of my reading done during takeoff and landing on a plane. On the way back from holidays I noticed in the airport bookstore that David Allen had released a new book 'Making It All Work'. Normally I stop reading as soon as the in-flight entertainment comes on; however, I read this book cover to cover on the flight home.
    I am a big fan of David Allen's principals of Getting Things Done (GTD). GTD rests on the principle that a person needs to move tasks out of the mind by recording them externally. That way, the mind is freed from the job of remembering everything that needs to be done. I use the GTD principals to help stay on top of all the things I need to do. However, I have found the key is not just making the list but describing specifically what needs to be done. Instead of listing to go shopping list specifically what you need to do, for example, pick-up milk from corner store or pick up bread from High Street bakery. What techniques do you use to help keep on top of your to do list.
    - Peter Ward