SQL Server Performance

How to fix WMI Alerts for Mirroring

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by Trev256b, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Trev256b Member

Hi - I've read the documentation and before I fix the WMI alerts can anyone please confirm the following?:
    1) I am going to select 'REplace tokens for all job responses for alerts' in SQL Server Agent properties, but do I also need to change the following registry setting if I do this? 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\SQLServerAgent\AlertReplaceRuntimeTokens to 1' ?
    2) Should I only use the ESCAPE_SQUOTE macro with WMI tokens? This is the only suggestion I've found but I haven't found anywhere stating this has to be the escape macro to be used.
    3) The documentation (I can only fin some from 2006 - let me know if you have later) states you need to use escape macros for SQL Server 2005 SP1 - but do you need to use escape macros for tokens with SQL Server 2005 SP2/3/4 ?
  2. satya Moderator

Can you pinpoint the source of documentation that is referring about Macros!
  3. Trev256b Member

The documentation is Microsoft 'Using Tokens in Job Steps' and 'Alerting on Database Mirroring Events'.
  4. satya Moderator

I have answered your other question with same topic, lets take it from there.