SQL Server Performance

Import

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by Reddy, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Reddy New Member

I tried importing my production data to development, every time i do this i get error for many tables and some tables get imported. what I assume for the cause of error is if there are any tables with relationships,FK's there should be an order of tables to import.
    Like a parent table has to be imported first before the child table(correct me if am worng)
    What is the best way to get production data into developemt by deleting existing data in devlopment. I dont want to do a restore, just need to do it from DTS which i can use for future.
  2. satya Moderator

What is the error?
    By default DTS is best in this csae and you can choose stating overwrite existing data or you can write TSQL to take only newer rows.
    =
  3. Adriaan New Member

I know you're asking for an alternative, but a restore is really the easiest option.
    It also is the best way to work out how to implement your proposed changes in the production database ...
  4. satya Moderator

I would second Adrian's opinion in this case to handle such data migration and also best to tackle the changes you need to perform as per the live environment.