SQL Server Performance

Less Expensive Tools for PerfMon Stats

Discussion in 'Third Party Tools' started by rweinstein, Nov 6, 2004.

1. rweinstein New Member

I think my search is futile for a "all in one" software that is less expensive, very easy to use and will help me tune my DB and collect PerfMon stats and graph very easilly.

I like Coefficient, it is not too expensive and is very easy to use, much more so than Profiler, as a DB performance tuning tool. This is just from my free trial.

I like the dashboard that Spotlight has, however it has a high overhead on the server and is not designed for 24 x 7 monitoring and does not have a DB of historical data with the same graphs.

I have looked at some other tools as well (NetIQ, Veritas, Idera, etc.), but am just not impressed from a functionality or from a cost-effective standpoint.

Do you guys have any more suggestions for a tool I can use as "Performance monitor on steroids". I don't need full network monitoring and troubleshooting.

It doesn't seem like I can find a tool that combines PerfMon and Profiler data for easy troubleshooting and analysis, so I guess I will have to get 2 different software solutions.

Thanks.
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

3. rweinstein New Member

Luis,

Yes, I am trying Diagnostic Manager and it does not collect all of the Perf Mon stats. The ones it does collect aren't graphed well either.

Does anyone know of a tool that does the same thing as Perf Mon, but only better? I would like to be able to add in as many of the Perf Mon stats that I would like and don't want to be limited here.

I would be very surprised if there was not a tool out there.

Thanks.