SQL Server Performance

Lodging Complaints

Discussion in 'EditorsBlog' started by shanetasker, Nov 24, 2008.

1. shanetasker New Member

There are times when you will visit a restaurant and the food is not up to scratch or perhaps the service was poor. When asked by the staff at the restaurant about the experience, people will often say that everything is fine. Likewise though, even if the restaurant was perfect in every way people will still respond with everything is fine. Unless the restaurant experience was extremely bad people will put up with it and not say anything. The problem with the feedback process is that it is an unknown quantity. As the manager may or may not respond to the complaint.
    The current Microsoft Connect process is very similar. As despite going to an effort to make a complaint and log a bug the process can be a similar black whole. When a bug is submitted to Connect a person has identified a problem and taken the time to fill in the bug submission process. However, unless feedback on the issue is provided the customer is never satisfied. What has your experience been using the connect process to log an issue with Microsoft?
    - Peter Ward
  2. unclebiguns New Member

I have only entered one bug via Connect and thought the process was okay. I got a fairly quick response, which stated it would not be fixed unless I wanted to submit a request for a QFE. The only thing I was really disappointed with was that they fixed it in a CU and my Connect issue was not updated.