SQL Server Performance

Loginf failed for NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM

Discussion in 'General DBA Questions' started by muntyanu, Dec 8, 2009.

1. muntyanu New Member

Hi All,I have windows service that accesses database. I need that service running before user logged in. I set the service running under LocalSystem account which corresponds to this user name NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM. I added this user under Security/Logins and mapped to database I need to access. I also set default database for that user as my database. I gave permission to read database for that user.I also run these procedures EXEC sp_grantlogin [NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM];GOEXEC sp_grantdbaccess [NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM];GoMy connection string isIntegrated Security=SSPI;Database='**database**';Addr='**SQLSERVERNAME**';After failing with all these steps I tried to switch my service running under mycomputeradministrator and sets the same permissions that I did for NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM. Still no luck. Login failed. Of course I do not get this error when I log in and start service from Services console.I am running Windows 2003 server and SQL server 2005Anyone could help me to overcome this issue?Thanks a lot in advance,Roman
  2. FrankKalis Moderator

Duplicate post. Please use this thread: http://sql-server-performance.com/Community/forums/t/31243.aspx