SQL Server Performance

Looking for DBAs to comment for eWeek article

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by BriFonzy, Dec 15, 2003.

1. BriFonzy New Member

Hi,

My name is Brian Fonseca and I'm the new database reporter at eWeek (www.eweek.com) based in Boston. This board looks great.

I'm working on a story before the holiday break taking a look at how the jobs and roles of DBAs, or other database-related professionals, have changed in the last year post-the Slammer worm. I'm finding some of the changes are not necessarily security-related, which is interesting. I'd like to learn more.

I've gotten great feedback from a few users, and took a suggestion from a Moderator here to post the subject on the Forum and see if any of you guys would be interested in speaking with me about it and answering a few basic questions, either by email or by phone. Story deadline is late Wednesday.

If interested, please email me at brian_fonseca@ziffdavis.com, and we can take it from there. Thanks. Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Brian
  2. satya Moderator

May I have more information in this regard.

_________
    Satya SKJ
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  3. Luis Martin Moderator

Me too please.

Luis Martin

...Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
    Bertrand Russell
  4. bradmcgehee New Member

If you haven't done so already, be sure you e-mail Brian.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
  5. satya Moderator

Thanks Brad, after posting reply I email'd Brian.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  6. satya Moderator

Luis

Have you sent your completed questionaire to Brain.....

_________
    Satya SKJ
  7. Luis Martin Moderator

Yes, I did.
    And receive a gratitud email from Brain.
    What about you?

Luis Martin

...Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
    Bertrand Russell
  8. satya Moderator

Good for you...
    Well, due to project deadlines couldn't complete on wednesday and could able to deliver it by Thursday morning (GMT)... so no reply yet.

_________
    Satya SKJ