SQL Server Performance

Lucky Saps

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side of Being a DBA' started by ChrisFretwell, Nov 10, 2003.

1. ChrisFretwell New Member

So which lucky saps are off in PASS right now?
    Please share what you learnt with those of us who couldnt make it.

Chris
  2. satya Moderator

I think it starts of tomorrow until 14/11/2003.

_________
    Satya SKJ
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  3. ChrisFretwell New Member

It did start today, but what is being held today and tomorrow is being referred to 'pre conference seminars' - for an extra fee of course. My company sent down one person, and since I've only been here 2 months, I cant complain that it wasnt me (besides I dont really like to travel even if its just below the border to Seattle). I'm glad to be working for a place that considers events like this important, and hopefully will get the chance to attend a few in the future.

This year I think will be a great one since there is so much on Yukon.

Chris
  4. FrankKalis Moderator

5. satya Moderator

Most of the companies Management in Europe are apathetic when it comes to spending money for such seminars..... whew..

_________
    Satya SKJ
  6. thomas New Member

Satya/Any UKers.. have any of you been invited to this SQL Server Dev Con thing in London next year? Looks interesting and lots about yukon, but it's not cheap..

Lots of heavyweights there, like Kalen Delaney etc.

http://www.devweek.com/sql for more info.

Tom Pullen
    DBA, Oxfam GB
  7. satya Moderator

8. thomas New Member

It's also a lot of money. £1500, then on top of that you've got to get there, and pay extortionate rates to stay in a London hotel. I'd rather learn it myself in my own time!

Tom Pullen
    DBA, Oxfam GB
  9. satya Moderator

Comparitively cost factor is high in UK when it comes to hosting conferences.
    Even though its expensive ... is worth to sit on Kalen Delaney's sessions.

_________
    Satya SKJ