SQL Server Performance

Maintenance plan

Discussion in 'SQL Server Log Shipping' started by yihong, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. yihong New Member

    Hi,

    create backup maintenance plan for several db, after setting time, go to check, no file found in the destination directory. Checked the job under sql server agent, Enabled, runnable, Scheduled all marked 'yes'. But the status marked 'Not running' and Last Run status(start date) show 'unknown'.

    Who can help me? What's error and how to solve it?

    Thank u
    Yihong
  2. bradmcgehee New Member

    What happens when you try to run the job manually?

    -----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, SQL Server MVP
  3. dineshasanka Moderator

    have sheduled you maintaince job correctly. and check the job agent is active

    ----------------------------------------
    Contributing Editor, Writer & Forums Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com

  4. yihong New Member

    Thanks for your help!
    Yes, set scheduled maintenace job correctly, one server runt this maintenance, one server total nothing to do. sql server agent service is on?

    One more question,
    When I restore db from dev to testing server, I want to change dbowner. sp_changeddbowner 'bizflowuserid', and I got the error "could not find stored procedure 'Sp_changeddbowner' What can I do it?




    quote:Originally posted by dineshasanka

    have sheduled you maintaince job correctly. and check the job agent is active

    ----------------------------------------
    Contributing Editor, Writer & Forums Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com


  5. dineshasanka Moderator

    quote:Originally posted by yihong
    When I restore db from dev to testing server, I want to change dbowner. sp_changeddbowner 'bizflowuserid', and I got the error "could not find stored procedure 'Sp_changeddbowner' What can I do it?


    This sp should be in master database. check for this database in master db

    ----------------------------------------
    Contributing Editor, Writer & Forums Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com

  6. yihong New Member

    hi,

    I think schedule setting is correct. And job agent also is active.

    Is the user account problem? Because our application database using login name 'bizflowuserid' as dbo, not sa.

    I tried to do backup maintenance plan only for system database. Also failed.

    Hope to get your solution asap.

    Thank u
    Yihong





    quote:Originally posted by dineshasanka

    have sheduled you maintaince job correctly. and check the job agent is active

    ----------------------------------------
    Contributing Editor, Writer & Forums Moderator
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com


  7. yihong New Member

    Hello,

    How to run the manually? I use 'new maintenance plan' to set it. We have three SQL SERVER. Other two can run when I set it through the same way. Only this server never do anything?

    What's happen?
    Hope to get your help ASAP!


    quote:Originally posted by bradmcgehee

    What happens when you try to run the job manually?

    -----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, SQL Server MVP

Share This Page