SQL Server Performance

Monitor a folder for a file creation event using WMI Event Watcher

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by tthomasol, Apr 3, 2008.

1. tthomasol New Member

I want to monitor a folder for the creation of a file using SSIS.
    I then want to move and process the file and when I'm finished continue monitoring again for the next file.
    I found the File Watcher Task from http://www.sqlis.com/23.aspx and got it to successfully perform my desired task except I can't figure out how to get it to restart the flow after moving the file.
    I'm not sure how to go about getting my control flow to restart the package upon completion of the processing I want to do on the task and then get it to go back to monitoring again.
    Also, I really wanted to do this myself without using any 3rd party add-ons with the WMI Event Watcher but I couldn't find any good examples. Surely this is a common thing....Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
    Thanks,
    Tim
  2. tthomasol New Member

OK, I'm feeling kind of sheepish.
    I'm very new to SSIS.
    I wrapped my tasks up in a For Loop container.
    I would still appreciate any other recommendations on how to do this especially if you can help me do it using the WMI Event Watcher directly. If anyone has feedback on a better and more efficient way to do this I would appreciate it as well.
    Thanks,
    Tim