SQL Server Performance

Msg 1413 Communications to the remote server instance failed before mirroring was fully started

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by tim_greenwood, Aug 9, 2007.

1. tim_greenwood New Member

I've got 6 databases on our principal server. I've scripted the setup to create everything exactly the same for all 6. All are mirrored to the same mirror server and have the same witness.
    One of the 6 fails with this message when setting the mirror name on the principal. *VERY* little information can be found about this message at microsoft.com and I get no response from online newsgroups either. I can't be the only one experiencing this. Really stuck here. We were supposed to be going on-line with this new configuration by the 15th but we already won't have enough testing time now..
    Really stuck on this. Anyone have any ideas?

2. thomas New Member

3. satya Moderator

Recently I have seen this message within our environment and found out to be a faulty NIC on those one of the DB Mirroring server, so it happen with a slow connection and a lot of data to move. Also better to check or monitor for any timeouts and we have resolved by restarting the mirroring once fixed that hardware item. FYI.