SQL Server Performance

NAV Performance Problem after Upgrade to NAV2009SP1 and SQL Server 2005

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by msingh, May 9, 2011.

1. msingh New Member

Hi,
    I recently upgraded my client from NAV3.7 to NAV2009SP1 and SQL Server 2005 (9.00.5000.00). However, Client is experiencing some performance issues with certain Account Schedule reports in NAV.
    I have checked the keys in NAV to make sure the correct keys are used to get better performance but still having performance issues..
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    As you say the performance is hampered during the reports are pulled out from NAV, this means you have to go through the logs and information that you may have for this behaviour.
    I believe you have to go through a detailed plan of monitoring the performance issue, such as monitor the SQL Server platform for CPU, Memory, disk and query statistics usage. You can take help of Performance Dashboard reports from SQL Server Management studio that will highlight the resource usage on the server. It is also ideal to involve the NAV perspective to see how the queries are executed when the reports are pulled over.