SQL Server Performance

Paying It Forward

Discussion in 'EditorsBlog' started by shanetasker, Feb 3, 2009.

1. shanetasker New Member

Several years ago there was a movie starring Kevin Spacey that was titled Pay It Forward that described a phenomenon of kindness. The basic gist of the theory of Pay It Forward is that you help someone out without expecting anything in return, expect knowing that at some point in time in the future someone else other than the benefactor will help you out. I was standing in the checkout line at the supermarket tonight picking up a few last minute items for dinner and I saw what I thought was one of the kindest acts I had ever seen. There was a lady at the checkout that appeared distressed and was holding up the queue of five people behind her. One of her credit cards had been rejected and then a second card was also rejected due to insufficient funds. All of sudden a gentleman in line stepped out and handed over his credit card and paid for the lady's groceries. Although we aren't all in a financial position to perform a charitable act like this, it did get me thinking about when the last time it was that I went out of my way to help someone else.
    - Peter Ward