SQL Server Performance

performance monitor issue

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by dba_boston, May 14, 2008.

1. dba_boston Member

I am trying to use performance monitor to get some counter data ,for example: memory: pages/sec .
    But how can I get the average, min, and max number?
    I could view these number, but how can I save them?
    Tried go Performance---Console Root--->Performance Logs and alert---> Counter Logs
    and create a new one with all my counter, and saved as csv file, but there is only one number per counter (average) at specific time point?
    Thanks
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

As far I know there is no way to get the 3 numbers in Counter Logs. Only the value at specific time. Said each 15s then the actual value each 15s.
  3. dba_boston Member

Thanks,
    But how can I get the min and max?
  4. Luis Martin Moderator

As I said, as far I know you can't.
  5. dba_boston Member

Thanks, but how could Rahul ( in the other post) could get the min and max data?
    That is why I put the dup question in the other post.
  6. rahulk_005 New Member

Hi,
    I saved the logs to the file and just used the min, and max function in the excel to get the values. I don't know whether we had an option to find the min and max from the sys monitor.
    rahul
  7. dba_boston Member

Thanks.
    So the value of min, max is not from the performance monitor, but from the excel? So what value is from the performance monitor?
  8. Luis Martin Moderator

Actual Value.
    I mean, if you have set counters logs each 30 seconds, then each 30 Performance Monitor write in the log the value at that time.
  9. satya Moderator

I;m unable to understand why you are not able to see the min, max and avg values on the counters that are monitored, you can get it and by default using log method in PERFMON it will have the results.
  10. Luis Martin Moderator

Satya:
    He want csv file with min, max and average for each counter. If you know how, please tell us.
  11. satya Moderator

Confirm what version of Windows you are using?
  12. dba_boston Member

window server 2003 standard version