SQL Server Performance

Picture Box

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by vbkenya, Dec 29, 2003.

1. vbkenya New Member

Brad, is there a chance that the picture placeholder in the profile page could autosize (or some other hypertext-related trick) so that the images don't end up looking skewed. The box currently has these fixed dimesions [width="150" height="150"]. It is proving to be 'interestingly distorting' especially for those who have non-squarepictures.

Just remove those two attributes from the 'IMG' tag if it is not too much trouble.

This would help very much.

Thank you in advance.

Nathan H.O.
    SQL-Server-Performance.com
  2. FrankKalis Moderator

3. bradmcgehee New Member

I found in the code where the 150x150 pixel box is specified, and for now I have changed it to 150x187, which is more like the standard 4x5 format of most photos, and this helps a lot.

But my ASP skills aren't good enough to figure out how to just remove the sizes (the code is not obvious), and even if I do, this could present a problem with the format of the page if somewhat were to send a large photo.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  4. vbkenya New Member

I guess we will have to make do with any comical distortions of pictures that don't meet the 150x187 dimensions. I am sure that the page format wouldn't be grossly affected since everything is netly placed neatly in their own cells within the large table.

Paraphrase: A picture is worth a thousand posts.

Nathan H.O.
    SQL-Server-Performance.com