SQL Server Performance

Picture Box

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by vbkenya, Dec 29, 2003.

1. vbkenya New Member

Brad, is there a chance that the picture placeholder in the profile page could autosize (or some other hypertext-related trick) so that the images don't end up looking skewed. The box currently has these fixed dimesions [width="150" height="150"]. It is proving to be 'interestingly distorting' especially for those who have non-squarepictures.

Just remove those two attributes from the 'IMG' tag if it is not too much trouble.

This would help very much.

Thank you in advance.

Nathan H.O.
  2. FrankKalis Moderator

3. bradmcgehee New Member

I found in the code where the 150x150 pixel box is specified, and for now I have changed it to 150x187, which is more like the standard 4x5 format of most photos, and this helps a lot.

But my ASP skills aren't good enough to figure out how to just remove the sizes (the code is not obvious), and even if I do, this could present a problem with the format of the page if somewhat were to send a large photo.

Brad M. McGehee, MVP
  4. vbkenya New Member

I guess we will have to make do with any comical distortions of pictures that don't meet the 150x187 dimensions. I am sure that the page format wouldn't be grossly affected since everything is netly placed neatly in their own cells within the large table.

Paraphrase: A picture is worth a thousand posts.

Nathan H.O.