SQL Server Performance

Replication compatibility level

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by rayala.thulasi, Apr 26, 2010.

1. rayala.thulasi New Member

Dear Team. I have a doubt while implementing the Replication concept in Production environment. Actually we have three Database server for replication for dedicatedly Publisher , distributor and Subscriber. During the up gradation process from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 we have upgraded the database SQL 2005 in distributor and Subscriber Servers with compatibility level 90. But our Publisher Server is in SQL 2005 with compatibility level of 80.now we are planning to change compatibility level from 80 to 90 in publisher end. Could someone help me to done this: 1. Whether we can change the compatibility level from 80 to 90 without disturbing Replication configuration?2. Are We need to drop the configuration while changing the compatibility level from 80 to 90 ,. Please update your concerns to proceed further.
  2. ghemant Moderator

3. rayala.thulasi New Member

Hi Hemant.
    Thanks alot for your kind update on this. did you get any chance to expore more on this issue. i was thinking that if we can stop the replication agent and te change the compatability and then start replication agent, but still i am thinking what would be the better oprion.