SQL Server Performance

Replication programming

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General Developer Questions' started by tarekj, Oct 25, 2011.

1. tarekj Member

Hi,

- I am using a vb6.0 application based on the ReplSamp using sqldistx.dll (Microsoft SQL Distribution Control 9.0) to send the data in the replication and do other issues.
    - It is working fine to for about 10 years, but when I started using it in Windows 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2005 64, it does not work, it give the message "runtime error '91' object variable or with block variable not set"

- I tried to register the dll and other tries all failed, I wonder is there a newer method to program replication to synchronize the data using C#, in other words an equivelant to ReplSamp in C# using RMO or whatever?

- what I am doing is the best way to synchronize the data or I might do something else?.
  2. satya Moderator

Is there any specific reason why you want to program the replication rather than using SQL native methods?
  3. tarekj Member

Yes,
    1- I do the replication to times, one time for Head Office to branch and second time from branch to Head Office and I do some updates in between.
    2- when it is a program can do it on demand, I ask the user to run it if needed if he does not want to wait for the schedule.
    3- I'm making an email notification emails me the error if there is and error.

also please give me a hint on SQL native methods
  4. satya Moderator

Why not depend on SQL Server replication which is easy to manage and in this case you are suffering with programming errors.
    Please check through books online for more information on different replication methods.