SQL Server Performance

Reporting Services connection string

Discussion in 'SQL Server Reporting Services' started by piripi131, Oct 17, 2005.

1. piripi131 New Member

hi there, any help with this appreciated

The Reporting server is 2003 connecting remotely to a 2003 server with SQL2000 SP4 and Analysis Svcs

The same Reporting server connects through to a 2000 server with SP3a and Analysis Svcs fine using the same connection string

No firewalls set on the 2003 servers

Ive tried adding a domain admin account (which is also sql sys admin) into a role on the cube---no joy

Do you know how to connect to Analysis services using a SQL login or is it not possible ?

It works fine through Vis Studio on the RS server but i realise different permisions are used for this, Do you know how I can check the default account RS uses to connect to a DB source ?, the service uses the NTAUTHORITYNETWORK service account to start

Vis Studio creates the connection string with OLE DB Provider for Olap Services 8.0 so I cant reproduce an OLE DB connection string via ODBC to test as theres not the option OLE DB Provider for Olap Services 8.0 (does this mean I need to install PTSFull.exe ?)

The errors we get are

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get
    Online Help

Cannot create a connection to data source '(cube name)'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
    Get Online Help
    Database '(cube name)' does not exist

The error we also get is keyword not supported 'provider' , if i start to edit the connection string i end up with a an error of failed login for NTAUTHORITYAnonymous

It looks like a permissioning issue but I dont fully understand yow RS and AS should connect,

please help
  2. satya Moderator

Have a look into the eventlog of the server where the analysis cube resides.
    Source MSSQLSERVEROLAPSERVER.
    If there errors with something like "NT-Authority/Anonymous" your security-settings on the report-server are not valid (especially the settings in internet service manager).

Satya SKJ
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
  3. Madhivanan Moderator

Will this be helpful?

www.ConnectionStrings.com

Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail