SQL Server Performance

Restoring failed !

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services' started by yukon_dba, Sep 18, 2007.

1. yukon_dba New Member

No matter how many times i try to restore the analysis services database (.abf) on my analysis services instance ...its giving me the following message
    The following system error occured: The system cannot find the file specified ..
    File system error: The following error occurred while opening the file".
    (Microsoft.AnalysisServices)
    any ideas ?
    Regards
    Yukon DBA
  2. bradmcgehee New Member

Have you tried to restore this backup onto another server? Have you tried to restore a different (older) backup? By a process of elimination, you should be able to determine if the backup you are trying to restore is actually defective or not. It is also possible you are having a hardware problem, but this same process of elimination should help you determine this.
  3. satya Moderator

There are many ways to restore your Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS) databases, all of which require that you have administrator permissions for both the server computer and the Analysis Services database. To restore an Analysis Services database, you can open the Restore Database dialog box in SQL Server Management Studio, select the appropriate options configuration and then run the restore from the dialog box.