SQL Server Performance

Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005):

Discussion in 'ALL SQL SERVER QUESTIONS' started by khayam, May 8, 2013.

1. khayam New Member

heloo dear ..

i am facing this error from last 4 days ...... please give me solution .

Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005):
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    khayamshah52@yahoo.com
    ONE Shah
  2. davidfarr Member

It does not look like an error that one would see in SQL Server Management studio.
    Are you seeing this error from a program application or a website ? ..perhaps one written in ASP or a .NET programming language ?
    Have you (or the programmers) checked the "connection string" (the line of programming code) that is being used to access the database ?
    Does the database and SQL Server instance still exist and is the service running ?

Also check here for some possible answers; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306345
  3. khayam New Member

we install 4 types of s/w like Sql server 2000, crystal reports, accounting (cranium) software, and sharidns widgets... after that i make odbc connection , odbc connection is successfully create ... but after when i run my application exe above error was occurred –
  4. davidfarr Member

How exactly are you "making an ODBC connection" ? You are probably using a System DSN or User DSN connection, is that correct ?
    When you configure a ODBC DSN there is a button you can press to "Test Data Source". Does that test succeed ?

The first thing to do is to make sure that your database is available and that the SQL Server service is running.
    Can you connect to the SQL server database using client tools such as SQL Server Management Studio, or Query Analyzer, or Enterprise Manager ?
    If you cannot connect using standard client tools such as these, then your problem is on the SQL Server and you will need to investigate any errors that you get from that.

If you can connect successfully to the database using these client tools mentioned above then your problem is probably with the DSN connection settings used by the other applications.
    Are you referencing the correct server name, correct username and password in the ODBC DSN ?
    Are you using Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication in the ODBC DSN configuration ? Does that authenticated user (Windows or SQL Server) have a valid login and valid permissions on the SQL Server instance ?

If you have checked all those things and if you are sure that your database credentials are correct, then you should read the article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306345 to see if that might help you.