SQL Server Performance

Security Issues -- please help

Discussion in 'General Developer Questions' started by lara99, Dec 12, 2007.

1. lara99 New Member

Hi all I am in a situation, So I need experts advices please help. This is the security issue.
    We have a client database and the end product uses the JDBC and as such each user/database combination is assigned a pool
    of connections.the connection to database is made with connection pool as there is only one single user
    with dbo rights and we have a logingroup mapped to that user. As the activity on a database is getting high with different
    members from login group.
    Now our client wants to create anothe user on the database with the dbo rights for the same loginggroup.

Can you guys please advice what could be the possible impact of this. The way I was thinking was what if the two users
    tries to write to a same table at the same time. There are lot of other doubts going on.
    So please help. Sorry if I am unable to explain the situation clearly.
    I know this is little messy,
    Thank in Advance.
  2. Adriaan New Member

If every connection effectively has dbo permissions, that is security implementation at its worst. You need to set up database roles with specific permissions within the database, and add the accounts to the appropriate database roles. Keep the dbo role to the administrator.
  3. lara99 New Member

I can understand that thank you man. , but what about my situation shall i give two users for a single database.
    Thank You.