SQL Server Performance

SET NO_BROWSETABLE ON ?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 T-SQL Performance Tuning' started by rjimenez, Aug 30, 2007.

1. rjimenez New Member

I've noticed in my .NET application (with ADO.NET) that whenever a query is done to SQL Server, a query executing
    SET NO_BROWSETABLE ON
    is done before.
    This has an huge impact on performance, as the round-trip to the server takes the same time as the correct query. I believe that if "SET NO_BROWSETABLE ON" wasn't executed, performance would almost double and network traffic would be reduced.
    I've tried to find a reasonable answer on the net for this, buthaven't managed. Has someone noticed this and knows how to correct it?
    rj
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
    What is the service pack level on SQL Server?
    Do you see any exception errors, in situations where you can change the SET NO_BROWSETABLE option, set SET NO_BROWSETABLE to OFF before you execute the INSERT, DELETE or UPDATE query statements.
  3. rjimenez New Member

Doesn't seem to be anything on the SQL Server, as I see it going from my webserver to SQL Server. Every single query is proceeded with this one. Huge performance impact because of an additional trip to the SQL Server.
    rj
  4. Adriaan New Member

Looks more like behaviour of the database driver used by the client app, or of the client app itself.
  5. rjimenez New Member

Yes, it seems that it should be the driver that is inserting that stuff, as my application doesn't do it. The strange thing is nobody noticing it before!
    I've made some measuring and my application would get 80% more performance if I could get rid of these queries.
    rj
  6. satya Moderator