SQL Server Performance

Special Mailings

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by bradmcgehee, Jul 30, 2004.

1. bradmcgehee New Member

I sort of hate to bring up this topic, but I need to anyway. Please be kind.

If you subscribe this website's newsletter, you automatically also receive special mailings from this website's sponsors. This is one of the ways I pay the bills.

Lately, as you have probably noticed, you have been receiving more mailings than usual. The reason for this is several fold:

--Virtually all of my banner ad advertising is sold out for the rest of 2004
    --All of the newsletter ads are sold out for the rest of 2004
    --The economy is getting better, and advertisers want to reach you
    --These special mailings are relatively effective in generating sales for advertisers

On the other hand, you may not like receiving these mailings. Currently, my mailing list software does not allow me to distinguish between those newsletter subscribers who want to receive these mailings, and those who do not. Because of this, I have implemented a new technique to make it easier for those of you who only want to receive the newsletter, but who do not want to receive the special mailings.

Here's what you need to do:

To receive the newsletter, you need to whitelist (or add to your address book) this e-mail address: webmaster@sql-server-performance.com. Only newsletters will come from this address.

To reject the special mailings, add this e-mail address to your spam blocking software: sponsor@sql-server-performance.com. Only special mailings will come from this address.

I hope this helps those people who don't like to receive these mailings.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com