SQL Server Performance

SQL Agent fails to start, all else is working...

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Clustering' started by danimaltex, Oct 9, 2007.

1. danimaltex New Member

Let me start by giving system details: Windows Srv 2003sp2, SQL Svr 2005sp1.
    I have successfully created an Active/Passive cluster and all seems to work fine. I use the same service account and has all the proper Domain permissions. When I bring up the Cluster Admin and view / test failures, all seems to work fine, with one exception. All resources are online, with the exception of the SQL Server Agent. When attempting to start the agent, it hangs, and goes back to 'Failed' status. HOWEVER, im not sure if it is damaged, due to when I fail over SQL Server (or the other resources) it starts, stays up, and fails at the same interval everytime (after about 30 seconds). I am hoping there is a configuration I am missing, please help.
    D
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
    Did you get to see SQLAgent error log when it is failed over, also under Event viewer for more information.
  3. danimaltex New Member

Actually, i figured it out with the help of another post!.... Seems that during the installation process, a registy value for the Vritual Server name might have been left blank. I input the name and restarted the server. It cleared it up.
  4. satya Moderator