SQL Server Performance

SQL Agent Job Fails when logon changed to user account

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by madduri, Jan 25, 2008.

1. madduri New Member

Hi,
    I have a job that emails the history of all the jobs every day. That was working fine untll I changed the sql agent logon from local account to a dedicated sql server account. I can not change it back to local account because I canged it to get another xcopy job to work. How can I fix this issue?
    Thanks in advance.
    Madduri
  2. satya Moderator

XCOPY is the dos based command and you should ensure to have that account a local admin and sysadmin on SQL.
  3. madduri New Member

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply. The xcopy job is working fine but another job that executes a sp to get the history of all the jobs on the server is failing when i am using a user account for sql agent logon. the error says:
    Executed as user: XYZSQLSA. Error formatting query, probably invalid parameters [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22050)Unable to open Step output file. The step failed.
    The job works fine if I use local system account. the account i used has admin privillages on the server.
    Thanks, Madduri
  4. satya Moderator

How about privileges on SQL Server?
  5. madduri New Member

Finally I found the fix for my problem. It worked when I changed the logon for MSSQL SERVER Service too to the same logon account i used for SQL SERVER AGENT service.
    Thanks for all your replies.
    Madduri