SQL Server Performance

SQL IO Errors

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by rayala.thulasi, Feb 21, 2011.

1. rayala.thulasi New Member

Dear Members,
    Good Morning. We are having an issue in recent days in SQL Server 2005 while fetching data from drive. We are encountering the following Issue from Database Servers and the Error is logged like :
    SQL Server has encountered 7 occurrence(s) of I/O requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete on file [XXXX.mdf] in database [YY] (6). The OS file handle is 0x000007CC. The offset of the latest long I/O is: 0x000006c6648000 .
    To resolve the issue we are moving the Data files from one drive to another drive and after that we are formatting the SAN Drive. Can someone help me how to resolve this issue.
    Regards,Thulasi.
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

"To resolve the issue we are moving the Data files from one drive to another drive and after that we are formatting the SAN Drive. Can someone help me how to resolve this issue."
    I can't imagine other solution.
  3. shabnyc Member

May be you can check how much ram is assigned to the operating system. You should leave a good amount of ram to the operating system (depends on the operating system version) for instance 65% to SQL server and 35% to the operating system. Just a suggestion and I hope it helps
  4. satya Moderator

This is a problem with DISK where the database files are located, I would suggest to refer to disk related counters using PERFMON to check the status.