SQL Server Performance

SQL Server 2008 November CTP 5 - next instalment is available

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Questions [Archive Only - Closed]' started by satya, Nov 20, 2007.

1. satya Moderator

2. FrankKalis Moderator

Time to get this from the "Unanswered posts" list. [:)]
  3. Madhivanan Moderator

Has anyone successfully installed it?
    I am getting the error in server configuration section as shown in the attachement
  4. FrankKalis Moderator

[quote user="Madhivanan"]
    I am getting the error in server configuration section as shown in the attachement
    [/quote]
    Haven't tried yet, but check out the threads in the private MVP newsgroup regarding this.
  5. Madhivanan Moderator

[quote user="FrankKalis"]
    [quote user="Madhivanan"]
    [/quote]
    Haven't tried yet, but check out the threads in the private MVP newsgroup regarding this.
    [/quote]
    Thanks Frank [:)]
  6. jasonL New Member

7. dineshasanka Moderator

I installed it withotu any issues. I have windows 2003 server
  8. dineshasanka Moderator

with this CTP I heard that you can have both SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005 side by side instalation in the same server. But there is a problem with SSIS packages. If you open them in SQL Server 2008 you will not be able to use /open it in SQL Server 2005
  9. Luis Martin Moderator

I've installed only 2008 tools in my laptop. Also with 2000 and 2005 tools.
    2000 tools works fine. I lost some features with Management Studio 2005. DTA 2008 does not work with 2000 databases.
    I have to research more to find out what is going on.
  10. satya Moderator

As suggested try within Virtual environment and not to spoil the current working environment, as referred by Dinesh I had no issues in using SQL 2008 & 2005 on different VMs.
  11. dineshasanka Moderator

Yes that would be best practice at least until SQL Server 2008 RTM
  12. Luis Martin Moderator

Agree with that. But, you now, I love challengers of course in my office.[:)]
  13. satya Moderator

You are inviting trouble, so you need a challenge then I suggest you to look into SPATIAL in SQL 2008 which is very good for mathematicians...