SQL Server Performance

SQL2000, Crystal Report 9, VB 6

Discussion in 'General Developer Questions' started by tdong, Mar 10, 2004.

1. tdong New Member

Hi Guys

Does anyone know how to use crystal report in VB6? I know this is not the right forum to ask but I only use this forum ever since.

in my vb references
    -Crystal Reports 9 ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime Library
    in components
    -Crystal Report Viewer Control 9
    -Crystal Report Select Expert 9

Here is what I have Crystal Report 9, I create a crystalreport to my SQL2000 database everything is working fine then I save it. Open Visual Basic add Active CrystalReport Designer and open the Report that I created. on my vb program I created a button to view the report. Then I run it it is working fine but when I compiled I can't view it anymore and have the following error messages. The problem is I can't create a connection to the database when I compile the code. Any idea?. When I use crystal report there is a log on or off from the file menu I can't seem to be able to control that with VB.

Details: ADO Error Code: 0x80040e4d
    Source:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
    Description: Login failed for user 'sa'
    SQL State: 42000
    Native Error:18456

Thanks alot I have been searching the web like two days and no luck yet

May the best cheaters win
  2. satya Moderator

For the appropriate forum refer to thishttp://www.tek-tips.com/ link for crystal reports.

For that 18456 error check your security settings in SQL, this usually happen when you are using windows authentication.

Satya SKJ
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
  3. tdong New Member

I have a solution after searching and searching.

There are two way of creating CR 9 and VB 9
    1- is to create the CR9 viewer with CR9 and remember to check integrated when entering database info
    then when you add activex designer open existing one.

2- create the viewer(activex designer) using dll or ocx in VB 6. this line below is not require if you using the database expert wizard.
    -------Report.Database.LogOnServer "P2ssql.dll", "servername", "database", "sa", "password"

you need to add this line for every single table you need. item(1) can be item("tablename")
    -------Report.Database.Tables.Item(1).ConnectionProperties.Item("password") = "password"

sample codes :
    CrystalReport.rpt
    CRViewer91 is the view you design

'VB 6 form
    Dim Report As New CrystalReport1

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass
    'Report.Database.LogOnServer "P2ssql.dll", "servername", "database", "sa", "password" <---not required
    Report.Database.Tables.Item(1).ConnectionProperties.Item("password") = "password"

CRViewer91.ReportSource = Report
    CRViewer91.ViewReport
    Screen.MousePointer = vbDefault

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Resize()
    CRViewer91.Top = 0
    CRViewer91.Left = 0
    CRViewer91.Height = ScaleHeight
    CRViewer91.Width = ScaleWidth

End Sub

May the best cheaters win
  4. backborn New Member

[FONT=宋体]Hi,[/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体]Try to use the tool at [/FONT][FONT=宋体]http://www.raqsoft.com/[/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体]You can get it for free,I think it can help you solve your problem.I hope I can help you.
    [/FONT]
  5. Madhivanan Moderator

[quote user="backborn"]
    Hi,
    Try to use the tool at http://www.raqsoft.com/
    You can get it for free,I think it can help you solve your problem.I hope I can help you.

[/quote]
    Why are you always suggesting to use this tool?
    Can you show an example to find pagewise total in raqsoft tool? [;)]
  6. backborn New Member

Hi,
    what does "pagewise" mean?In fact,RAQ Report is more excellent than Crystal Report.I suggest to use it becasue of its advantages,such as cross-platform,pure-java reporting tool.I think it can help you.What's more ,you can get it for free,Why don't you try?