SQL Server Performance

SSRS 2005 Linked Report Parameters

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by JonM80, Dec 9, 2008.

1. JonM80 New Member

This has to be by design or I am total missing something. I have cascading parameters that are query driven. When I create a linked report and then go to parameters. I have no drop down values for a query based parameter. What am I missing? Some of the drop down values say query based. If I can not pick and save these parameters what is the point of having a Linked report? Thakns in advance for responeses.
  2. satya Moderator

What is the service pack level?
  3. Harnath New Member

Jon,
    Have you created the parameters before jumping on to parameters tab?
  4. macdonaldal New Member

I have the same problem in SQL Server 2008.Drop down lists are populated where they have been defined by a list of static values (e.g. True / False), but for dynamic lists of values (e.g. a list of products) the drop down lists are empty. it is as though the page does not access the data source to run any of the queries to retrieve the data for the lists.This severely limits the usefulness of Linked Reports
  5. Naz New Member

Hi guys, did anyone ever figure this out? As I have the same issue, and really need to get it resolved asap.