SQL Server Performance

SSRS Format as Millions,Thousands.Hundreds

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by augenzum, Dec 27, 2007.

1. augenzum New Member

I'm putting together a profit and loss report in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). I need to *display* a number, e.g. 1023488.06, as 1,023.5. I've gotten as far as putting #,#,;(#,#,);- in the format property of the relevant textboxes. This yields 1,024. I don't want to do this via dividing by 1000 and rounding, because users of the report will want to export these online reports into Excel and manipulate them. So I need to preserve the dollars and cents. I just want to change the display of the data, not the data.
  2. satya Moderator

3. augenzum New Member

4. dineshasanka Moderator

You can use format function and format your data as you want. This function act as sam eas format function in vb
  5. Adriaan New Member

You probably have to force the exact delimiters with the switch (for instance in a date format: dd-mm-yyyy). Without that switch, the delimiters set in the Windows settings take precendence.
  6. satya Moderator

If the data isn't getting changed or not required then using FUNCTION for graphical presentation can be achieved.