SQL Server Performance

Thrown in at the deep end lol

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by icepaw, Sep 10, 2009.

1. icepaw New Member

I've spent the last couple of years writing access programs, and linking them to SQL tables..not really an expert. Anyway, due to various other staff leaving, I now seem to be the IT guru, so if this question turns out to be simple please don't laugh too much.
    Question:
    There are two servers, not on the same domain, but with a permanent link between the two. Each contains SQL 2005. I want to be able to replicate a table between the two whereby If you change or add data on either server, the other gets updated.
    I have tried to set up Transactional publication with updatable subscriptions, and can hapilly get the publisher (server A) to push the data onto Server B. However when you change something on server B, you get the following error
    Unable to set the publisher login for the updateable subscription.
    The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider SQLNCLI for linked server "REPLLINK_" was unable to begin a distributed transaction
    The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions
    I have reached the point of having no more hair to pull out....any help....Please [:'(]
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

Check:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlreplication/thread/7e88260e-dd98-409e-81a4-1206f73e0e85/
    HTH
  3. satya Moderator