SQL Server Performance

transactional replication

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for SQL Server Replication' started by joanne, Aug 5, 2005.

1. joanne New Member

Hello,
    My company plan to use an application that will use a transactional replication (on the same server!!!).
    For me is for the first time when I use the replication. Can someone explain me how work a disaster recovery plan in this case?
    I know that in the replication are 3 important databases: publisher, subscriber and distribution.
    Which database is necessary to restore if I have a problem?
    There are other things to do for synchronization?
    Somebody can explain me the ' sync with backup' option (when this option should be used and how)?

Many thanks in advance
  2. chetanjain04 Member

Hi,

If you are planning for DR then, transactional replication on the same server will not help much. However, it is possible to configure replication on the same server. You may refer the SQL Server BOL to know the significance of various databases used in Transaction Replication. Further,you may also refer the following link to know more about the sync with backup option:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/replsql/replbackup_3js7.asp

Regards,

Chetan
  3. satya Moderator

4. ghemant Moderator

Hi,
    moreover if you configure "DISK MIRROR" - RAID 1 will also server your purpose .... it will also help if your hdd goes crash

HTH
    Regards

hsGoswami
    ghemant@gmail.com
    "Humans don't have Caliber to PASS TIME , Time it self Pass or Fail Humans" - by Hemant Goswami
  5. joanne New Member