SQL Server Performance

View Dependencies

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General Developer Questions' started by Tonatiuh, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Tonatiuh New Member

Hi All
    I Have a little problem doing a relation with other tables, let me try to explain the scope and be concise.
    I have a relation between two tables, i saw the relation like this in sql using "view dependencies":
    TableShipTo (table)
    |-------------------Pack(table)
    |---------------------------Other objects that depend on [boxes]
    I add a third table exactly like Pack(table), how im doing this? I ran a script to create table and changing the name of, and thinks like that, this for dont change the contraints and the dependencies with other objects
    When i see again the dependencies sql displays this:
    TableShipTo (table)
    |-------------------Pack(table)
    |---------------------------Other objects that depend on [boxes]
    |-------------------Pack_Copy(table)
    |--------------------------Nothing-------------------------- in theory here must be display the same objects that has relation with this table.
    Maybe im doing something wrong, Im sure that i ran the script to create a copy and modify only the names but not the constraints, maybe there is another way to make this sure, or maybe im doing something wrong, but anyone know why sql dont display the other relations?
    Thanks in advance people.
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    Are you using any script to view dependancies or vieiwing from Management Studio?
  3. FrankKalis Moderator

Can you please post your script?

4. Madhivanan Moderator

If you want to create the table from another table. Do script;change the table name and run it
    If you do
    select * into new_table from old_table
    indices, constraints , etc wont be available for new_table