SQL Server Performance

Views and Replication

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for SQL Server Replication' started by photura, May 12, 2006.

1. photura New Member

If I add a View to a database that is being replicated using Tranactional replication will the View automatically get replicated to the Subscribers as well?
  2. Twan New Member

Hi ya,

no DDL does not replicate across automatically, except adding/dropping columns using the sp_repladdcolumn/sp_repldropcolumn. You'd have to run the view creation script on every subscriber too

Cheers
    Twan
  3. photura New Member

If I add a new table to a database and add the table to the publication via sp_addarticle will it get replicated to the subscribers the next time it runs or do I have to drop all subscriptions then add the subscriptions back before the new article will be included?

quote:Originally posted by Twan

Hi ya,

no DDL does not replicate across automatically, except adding/dropping columns using the sp_repladdcolumn/sp_repldropcolumn. You'd have to run the view creation script on every subscriber too

Cheers
    Twan
  4. Twan New Member

Hi ya,

I think that it will force you to resync each subscriber, requiring a full snapshot to run. The sp_addarticle has a parameter to force subscribers to be invalidated, try running sp_addarticle with that parameter set to 0. If there is no error then it will replicate across, otherwise it will require a full resync of all subscribers

in any case you won't need to drop/recreate the subscribers

Cheers
    Twan