SQL Server Performance

what is compatibility level in sql server?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by sqldbarocks, Jan 22, 2011.

1. sqldbarocks New Member

what is compatibility ?is that between databases/servers?
  2. sqldbarocks New Member

pls have a look on
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb510680%28SQL.100%29.aspx
    it has a detailed explanation
  3. Luis Martin Moderator

Reading your last posts, what is your intention?. Teach?
  4. sqldbarocks New Member

After the first post ,I got an article related to my post with immediate googling.
    ------------
    don't feel brave when you know something..feel when share to others

5. satya Moderator

Good counter by Luis.
    Can you please clarify whether you want to learn the SQLDBA aspects, if so we always welcome the SQL users here. But before posting a thread it is a good practice that you overview the related threads in the forums by using SEARCH capability.
  6. sqldbarocks New Member

7. Luis Martin Moderator

What part of "Reading your last posts" you don't understand?
  8. sqldbarocks New Member

boss,
    why spaming the thread and nothing benfit here by wasting time.I just wanted to learn and impliment the things in my work environment.I was promoted recently to dis kind of job supporting 50 + team members.If I come across any things which r out of my scope just posing here and seeking for any kind of help.
    I heard from a big crowd saying this forum is deals dbas work sensitively and sense-able.I may be right /worng...but, help me and put me in right direction if you can.

Reading your last posts" what do u mean here exactly?
  9. FrankKalis Moderator

Cool down!
    We're always willing to help here, but please keep in mind that we all do this voluntarily and are not paid for it. This means that if someone comes along with a broad and rather unspecific question like: "What is replication and how does it work?", we usually ask that guy to do some basic research himself by looking at this site, the internet, the SQL Server help manuals, read up on it, and then come back with more specific questions. This is no offense, but there is simply no point in spending half a hour writing an elaborated answer to such a question in which we only would rehash what is written in countless places already.
    I've been a member here for the last couple of years and while the SQL Server community at large is a very polite one, the is even more true for this community and I really hope that this won't change, so let us please stick to a polite and professional style of communicating with each other.
  10. satya Moderator

Vouching on what Frank referred, we recommend and suggest to all the newbie users to take their time to refer to inhand information as referred in most of your posts.
    Not that we don't want or avoid you to get information, as it falls under generic question and FAQ here it is always good to refer those threads than duplicating the efforts.
    I'm sure you will get more than what you need if you stick to this community & site without raging any unwarranted comments. (FYI, Luis is most respected Moderator here who helped many Spanish users to understand the SQL concepts - so you have to excuse his replies which may look like bit irrelevant to the topic) [:)]...
  11. Luis Martin Moderator

Yesterday was a bad day. Sorry.
  12. sqldbarocks New Member

Luis ,that's my fate.sorry abt it
    Kindly leave abt it and let s continue our duties after having a small KF tin as refreshment.
    Thanks Satya for your interest