SQL Server Performance

what is the suitable solution for a huge SQL server database

Discussion in 'ALL SQL SERVER QUESTIONS' started by Mariam Nagy, May 7, 2014.

1. Mariam Nagy New Member

Hello

I have a huge database

1- I have about more than 20 tables with some of them with many-to-many relations
    2- I have some of these tables may contain a very large row size may exceed 8K
    3- The expected data for these tables is about 1 million record for the master table and of course may be 10x (10 million or more) for the detail tables

The question is

What is the suitable solution for this situation as there is a lot of screens in the web application that may select from all these tables at the same time .. like the search pages that use a view that contains all these joined tables

part of the database http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img842/9901/i1f3.jpg (full size)

[IMG]
  2. AJITH123 Member

The question is about the performance, the table should have proper index and do the maintenance periodically.
    The table hints can be used, like nolock (dirty read) while fetching the data.
    Try to maximum avoid the network traffic, avoid pulling unnecessary data while retrieving (especially big size data).
    Check the execution plan, verify the query is using the correct index.
    Also check the hardware configuration, like CPU, Physical Memory and the IO. if the transactions are more, SSD/Fusion disk will helps to avoid the IO bottle neck.
    Depending on the SQLserver version, can play on the different features on the new version to improve the performance....