4. Name the Entity Data Model PayrollModel and click on Add.
5. Select Generate from database from the Entity Data Model Wizard as shown in the following screenshot:
Note that you can also use the Empty model template to create the Entity Data Model yourself.
If you select the Empty Data Model template and click on next, the following screen appears:
As you can see from the above figure, you can use this template to create the Entity Data Model yourself. You can create the Entity Types and their relationships manually by dragging items from the toolbox. We will not use this template in our discussion here. So, let’s get to the next step.
6. Click on Next in the Entity Data Model Wizard window shown earlier.
7. The modal dialog box will now appear and prompts you to choose your connection as shown in the following figure:
8. Click on New Connection Now you will need to specify the connection properties and parameters as shown in the following figure:
We will use a dot to specify the database server name. This implies that we will be using the database server of the localhost, which is the current system in use.